Look what's included:
- It’s not your fault— the difference between a layoff and a firing
- How to tell your family that you’ve lost your job
- Why you shouldn’t make any important decisions for a few days after your layoff
- How to channel your anger
- The warning signs of depression
- Men and women handle layoffs differently
- How to pay your bills when you have no paycheck
- Where to find extra money to help make ends meet
- How to ask your creditors to reduce your bills until you find a new job
- Where to turn when you just can’t do it alone
- Three things every hiring manager wants to know about you
- How to write a powerful resume
- 7 proven ways to get a job interview
- How to ace your job interview
- Four things you need to do after each interview
Plus, ten critical tips
Right on the back cover of the book, Surviving A Layoff gives your people ten critical tips to help them transition into their new lifestyle.
For those thinking of switching to a new line of work
Surviving a Layoff shows them six ways to discover the best new career for them. Plus— a 10”x16” chart showing wages, demand, and training requirements for America’s top 175 occupations.
Over 6 million copies sold
Whenever there’s a major layoff, more people go home with Surviving A Layoff tucked under their arms than any other book.
||Internal Revenue Service
|American Red Cross
||Johns Hopkins University
||Los Angeles, CA
|Blue Cross Blue Shield
||Philips Medical Systems
||San Francisco Chronicle
|Federal Reserve Bank
|Hard Rock Café
||and many others
Around $3 per copy
Surviving A Layoff is one of the least expensive parts of a severance package. Yet it may be among the most valuable.
Fast, discrete delivery
Order today and FedEx will have Surviving A Layoff on your desk in 3-5 business days. Overnight delivery is also available (call for a cost quote). All books are shipped in plain brown cartons with no outside markings and no outside packing lists.
Every order comes with a free copy of The No Nonsense Guide to Writing Letters of Recommendation.
If for any reason, you are not pleased with Surviving A Layoff, simply return it and we will refund your payment. No questions asked.
Have a question?
Call us at 800-222-0009. We try very hard to answer every call with a live, smiling, human being— before the third ring (M-F, 9-5, ET).